Apple’s newest phenom will be released tomorrow. There are many places to get one. Depending on which one you are looking for, you may need to head over to your local Apple store for more variety. Check out the rundown below.
The iPad 2 will be at the following locations
- Your nearest Apple Store. Apple has 236 retail outlets in the U.S., and if you live near one — particularly one of its flagship stores — that’s probably your best bet for getting the exact model you’re looking for.
- Apple’s retail partners. BestBuy (BBY), Target (TGT), Wal-Mart (WMT) and Sam’s Club have all announced that they will also be selling iPad 2s on Friday, presumably also starting at 5 p.m.
- AT&T and Verizon. The wireless carriers also have thousands of stores spread out across the country. Their selection will be more limited, however. They won’t be carrying the Wi-Fi-only models or units compatible with their competitor’s network.
- Apple.com. Apple’s online store will begin taking orders Friday at 12:01 PST (3:01 a.m. EST) and is offering free shipping.
The iPad 2 will feature:
- Dual Core CPU
- 9x Faster Graphics
- 2x Faster Computing
- Built in cameras for Video; FaceTime and Photobooth
- New Design
- 8.8mm thin versus the old iPad which was 13.4mm (thinner than an iPhone 4)
- Will come in White and Black colors!
- 10 Hour Battery Life
- 1080p HDMI Mirroring via $39 adapter
- $499 for WIFI 16Gb. Same Pricing as the curent iPad
- iPad 2 is Coming to AT&T and Verizon
- New Portfolio Smart Cover Case to go along with new design. Case recognizes wake on open and sleep on close
- Poly Cases are $39 and Leather are $69