Do you guys remembers those rumors of a Facebook phone? Well, the Facebook phone is real. To some extent. HTC and AT&T announced the HTC Status this morning via Facebook. Go Figure. The main feature of HTC’s new device is the Facebook share button. The new Facebook share button allows you to post instantly on your Facebook wall with content. The phone itself, is actually kind of impressive. Mostly because it will launch with Android 2.3 Gingerbread. Specs are below.
- Platform: Android™ 2.3 + HTC Sense
- Display: 2.6-inch touch screen with 480 x 320 resolution
- Network: Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 UMTS/HSDPA 850/1900
- Memory: 512 MB RAM, 512 MB ROM
- Processor: MSM7227, 800 MHz
- Battery: Rechargeable lithium-ion battery, 1250 mAh
- Camera resolution: 5 MP main camera with autofocus, VGA front-facing camera
“HTC Status brings a Facebook experience to people who want to share their experiences with their friends faster and easier than ever before,” said Jason Mackenzie, President, HTC Americas. “With a dedicated Facebook share button combined with the hallmark HTC Sense experience, HTC Status makes it easy for people to stay connected to the things that are important to them.”
Of course, the main market for this phone are die hard Facebook users. There is no real horsepower under the hood of this particular HTC phone. Other phones, like the HTC Sensation and EVO 3D, have an HTC Sense widget that allows user to post directly to their Facebook and Twitter feeds. This will be the first time a social network has a dedicated hardware button on a device. Kudos to Zuckerberg and his team for this feat.
Full Details below
Dedicated Facebook share button
- One touch to share- Press the Facebook share button from your home screen to instantly post on your wall.
- Snap, shoot, share- Take a picture or shoot a video and share it instantly with a press of the Facebook share button. You can even post pictures automatically as you’re taking them..
- Quick-on-the-draw check-in- Just long press the Facebook share button to check in your location with Facebook Places.
- Be first with the news- See something cool on the web? Share your latest find with a quick press of the Facebook share button.
- Post to your wall – or a friend’s wall – From the home screen, a quick tap of the Facebook HTC share button makes sharing anything on your mind quick and easy.
- Share what you’re listening to- The Facebook share button glows when you’re listening to music, to let you know you can share. Let your friends in on the music you love with the push of a button.
Lock screen shortcuts
Instead of a barrier, the HTC shortcut lock screen just became a launch pad to what you want to do now! Open your favorite apps by just dragging their shortcut icons into the lock screen ring.
See what’s happening before you pick up
Every time you get or make a call, you see your friend’s profile picture and latest status update right on the call screen. If it’s their birthday that week, you’ll see that, too.
Special effects for photos and videos
Anyone can be an artist. Use camera effects to make your photos and videos look like they’ve been taken through special lenses and filters—like Sepia for an old-fashioned look, or Aqua for a touch of cool. Apply effects right in the viewfinder, or apply them afterwards in the Gallery.
Front and back cameras
Take a spontaneous self-portrait or a quick cheek-to-cheek pic with your best pal on the VGA front-facing camera—or just double-check your hair with the Mirror app. With the 5.0 MP main camera with LED flash, you can capture every moment, with pictures or high-quality video.
A smarter ringer
The “Quiet ring on pickup” setting reduces the ring volume when you pick the phone up. The “Pocket mode” setting increases ring volume when your phone is in a pocket or bag, and then returns the volume to a reasonable level when you take it out.