EA announced today that a new digital download of NBA Jam will be coming in October. NBA Jam: On Fired Edition is being developed for PSN and Xbox Live based on upgrades that fans were looking for. The new features include:
• REAL AI: Featuring the ground-breaking AI system used in the Fight Night franchise that learns your tendencies and throws them back in your face.
• JAM Arena– Play solo, or team up with friends and take on the world in a new, dynamic online competition.
• Road Trip – A cooperative online campaign where you can team up with friends and compete in a series of white-knuckle challenges against the current superstars and timeless legends from each of the 30 NBA Teams.
• Tag Mode and Team Fire return – Swap players “on the fly” and ignite your entire team by performing consecutive cooperative moves!
• And More – Online roster updates, more NBA superstars, legendary NBA players, over-the-top animations, JAM challenges, secret teams and unlockable characters than ever before
EA also announced in the same press release that they have begin to work on the next NBA Simulation title in Tiburon Studios in Orlando, Florida. EA Sports President Peter Moore stated “we have top talent on the game and we’re giving the new development team time to deliver a superior experience” The game is due out Fall 2012.