We will be posting updates throughout the event to keep you guys updated with the information as it happens. It begins NOW!
Steve Jobs is alive and well. ”We’ve been working on this product for awhile, and I didn’t want to miss it.”
Steve Jobs starts of the presentation like he usually does. NUMBERS and stats.
- The first one is about iBooks and it’s growth to over 100 Millions books downloaded.
- There are over 200 Million iTunes, App Store and iBooks accounts out there.
- Developers have made over $2,000,o00,000.
- There have been 100 Million iPhones Sold.
- 15 Millions iPads have been sold so far. That is from April-Dec 2010
Steve went to explain what I have been telling everyone, The iPad is priced so low because of the Apple’s Appstore and iTunes ecosystem. ”When we said the iPad was magical, people laughed at us. But it’s turned out to be magical. And people questioned whether it was an ‘unbelievable’ price — well ask our competitors.” Cough Xoom Cough Motorola
Steve takes a cheap shot at Android 3.0 Honeycomb. Touting that it only has about 100 applications designed specifically for it.
Now to the meat and potatoes
The iPad 2 will feature:
- Dual Core CPU
- 9x Faster Graphics
- 2x Faster Computing
- Built in cameras for Video; FaceTime and Photobooth
- New Design
- 8.8mm thin versus the old iPad which was 13.4mm (thinner than an iPhone 4)
- Will come in White and Black colors!
- 10 Hour Battery Life
- 1080p HDMI Mirroring via $39 adapter
- $499 for WIFI 16Gb. Same Pricing as the curent iPad
- iPad 2 is Coming to AT&T and Verizon
- New Portfolio Smart Cover Case to go along with new design. Case recognizes wake on open and sleep on close
- Poly Cases are $39 and Leather are $69
Now it’s time for the iOS 4.3 to be announced
- Will bring Facetime and Photobooth to iPad
- Coming to iPhone (GSM) iPod Touch 3rd and 4th Generation
- Releasing on March 11th
iMovie is now coming to the iPad. The new iPad’s dual core cpu will really shine with mobile video editing. iMovie is currently only available for the iPhone 4. iMovie will allow you to edit your movies on the go and instantly upload to Facebook, Youtube, and Vimeo. iMovie is coming March 11th for $4.99
Garageband is also coming to the iPad. Not only can you make movies with iMovie. Now you can make music. Garageband for the iPad will support 8 track recording and mixing, 250+ loops. You can plug up your own guitar or use virtual instruments. Coming March 11th for $4.99
That’s all folks. Thanks for tuning in. I hope you enjoyed it. Will you be getting the new iPad 2? Do you think it’s still magical. I am no musician, but I think the Garageband has to be the coolest new feature besides the smart cases. More coverage coming soon. The iPad 2 will be available on both AT&T and Verizon. It will start shipping on March 11th.
Image Sources: Engadget.com